Personal and Web-Site Links

Please Visit My Personal Blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Pepperidge Farm Prayer Luncheon

As a group of us women met and prayed today over each other, we always make sure that we have food. We met at my friends Shirlee's house and we all brought items for the meal. My good friend Aldona brought the Pepperidge Farm cake. It was her daughter's first day of school and she was very emotional as we all have been, sending our young one's off to school for the first time. I sent mine off and cried so hard, my boss felt sorry for me and sent me home (that was over 11 years ago).
Bless her heart, as we were sharing, she couldn't hold back the tears, and as we were eating the Pepperidge Farm cake, she realized she hadn't bought one since her mother had passed away in 1991 and didn't realize it. It was always a staple with her mother and she always had a Pepperidge Farm cake. With Aldona's daughter going to school for the first time, and then remembering her mom on this special day through the cake. the tears wouldn't stop flowing. It was a special time, she felt as though her mom were there with her comforting her and letting her know that her daughter was going to be okay just in choosing the cake. I know it may sound silly to most, but to us as mother's and daughter's and losing a parent, it made perfect sense and soon, she had the whole room crying and tearing up. We were all privileged to be a part of it, as she realized that God was in the details in making her day of taking her daughter to school a little easier.
God really takes joy in the small things that we go through, though sending your child off to school is a big thing and Aldona was very upset and concerned, God knew that she needed her mother to comfort her, and how great of God to provide something as small as a cake to let her know that He cared about her. This was what was left of the cake.
This group of women, Aldona, Shirlee, Cindy and Kim have all been such a huge part of Chrysalis House in helping me get things together. They have gone above and beyond on all that they do. I appreciate each one and wanted to give special recognition to all of these wonderful ladies. I love them all very much. Kim somehow avoided the pictures but is at the table of women.
I pray that God will bless each one of these women for all of the hard work at Chrysalis House and their encouragement to me personally.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aldona, my beautiful sister is blessed to have found good friends. Jessica Rose is filled with our mother's spirit. And you can't go wrong with good friends, a good cry and Pepperidge Farm cake.